What is a Repeat Prescription?
It is a prescription you can get without having to see a doctor or nurse, but initially, the doctor will decide whether it is safe for you to have this medication regularly on repeat.
How do I order a Repeat Prescription?
Please ensure that you only order what you need
You can order the following ways: -
- On-line using the Patient Access Service. You will need to register via the practice to make use of this servic
- At the practice – put in request box on the walls on either side of the front des
- By post (please enclose a stamped address envelope
- Via your selected pharmacists.
Please note you cannot order your repeat prescription over the telephone unless you are housebound.
Your prescription will be available for collection within 48 working hours.
Electronic Prescription Service
Please talk to your pharmacist about the Electronic prescription Service (EPS) This gives you the chance to have your prescription sent to the place you choose to get your repeat medicines from
Please talk to your pharmacy of choice if you would like your prescription to be sent to them. It saves queuing twice.
Our standard prescribing period is 28 days. This may be increased after discussion with your doctor
Online Repeat Prescriptions
To register for our online repeat prescription service, please call into the surgery at your earliest convenience, bringing with you one form of identification. A member of staff will make all the arrangements for you while you wait.
All pharmacies in the area provide a free collect, dispense and delivery service to suit your needs. Speak to your chosen pharmacy to register to use their services.
Useful Telephone Numbers for Pharmacies:
- Langton Boots Pharmacy - 01543 264902
- Boots Town Centre Pharmacy - 01543 263149
- Tesco Pharmacy - 01543 401447
- Waitrose Boots Pharmacy - 01543 253994
- Shenstone Pharmacy - 01543 481319
- Co-operative Pharmacy, Boley Park - 01543 258370
- Co-operative Pharmacy, Greenhill Health Centre - 01543 252221
- Whittington Pharmacy - 01543 432456
- Fradley Pharmacy - 01543 444428